A major overhaul of a bathroom in a Melbourne suburb could boost its value to the tune of $4 million to $6 million.
Key points:A Melbourne apartment complex has been hit by an unusual fire and will be demolished to make way for new apartmentsThe fire broke out in a storage shed in the complex and firefighters are searching for the causeThe fire was extinguished by 3pm and no-one was injuredThe Melbourne suburb of Minto has been on lockdown for more than four hours following the blaze in the storage shed of a storage facility, but residents are still being asked to leave the area.
Flames have been burning for more then 24 hours in the Minto storage facility.
Fire crews are looking for the origin of the fire, which broke out late on Wednesday night.
They say they believe the blaze began after a storage storage unit exploded and was not contained by a fire brigade.
Firefighters say they have no doubt the fire started in the facility, which houses two storage sheds.
It was not immediately clear how long the blaze had lasted.
Fire authorities said there were no reported injuries.
“We are trying to locate the cause and get to the bottom of the problem,” fire commander Mark Evans said.
“It could have been arson, it could have happened in the building or it could be something as simple as a faulty sprinkler system.”
The main concern is the fact we don’t know how long this fire has been going on.
“The blaze broke out on Wednesday afternoon, with firefighters working on the scene for more in the early hours of Thursday.
It is the third time in a week that a storage fire has spread in Melbourne’s inner north.
Last week, a storage building caught fire and residents were evacuated for several hours.
Topics:fire,fire-fighters,health,health-policy,minto-3070,vic,melbourne-3000,vicstate-3066,vicnews,australiaContact James McAllisterMore stories from Victoria