A woman in California has died from cancer after contracting mold in her home, the California Department of Public Health confirmed Tuesday.
Amber Gros, 36, of Alhambra, died Monday at a hospital.
Her family has not yet announced her cause of death.
A mold infested bathroom is a common sight in California, but in 2016, mold infestations killed a mother in California and a 13-year-old boy in Utah.
Mold infestation is a type of mold that is caused by bacteria that live in the environment.
It can affect people of all ages, but especially children, the Associated Press reported.